Friday, January 1, 2010

2009. Once More, With Feeling

Two.Thousand.Nine was a rough year. It was the year I grew up, and the year I learned to make decisions. I am pretty excited to forget most of it as soon as possible, but I couldn't let this day pass completely ignored. So here is a review. In pictures.

**In January I moved in with Regan and together we fell in love with U of A basketball. The U of A v. Houston game is still one of my favorite memories from freshman year.


**In February it snowed in Tucson and I stood in the street with hundreds of screaming college kids enjoying the magic of the moment.


**In March I spent spring break in the lovely Gilbert, Arizona and wondered what it would be like to move back to my hometown.


**In May I finished my first year of college, said goodbye to my friends, packed my stuff, and moved back home.



**In July I started my job at Red Robin and experienced the worst heartache of my life.

**In August I hiked the Grand Canyon with people I barely knew in an attempt to numb a broken heart. It worked. I also started my first semester at ASU and purchased my very first car, a Suzuki named Conan.



**In September my older brother was married in the Mesa, Arizona temple and I started dating again. Overwhelmed, I took a much needed trip to Tucson to visit my old roomie and some very good friends.



**In October I turned 20, I went away with my ward, and my heart finally gave in to the healing process. {Halloween helped with this.}



**In November I dated. And I experienced my first crush and break up since The Ex. It wasn't fun, but it could have been worse.

**In December, I finished my first semester at ASU. And I celebrated my favorite time of year with my loved ones.


The.End. Officially. Here is hoping for a better 2010. Resolutions to follow.

No comments: