Tuesday, January 19, 2010

"The Purpose of this Class is to Change You."

I am trying to get into the habit of looking at the bright side. Of making a list of the good things about my life when I am not loving the present circumstances. It’s a practice in counting my blessings, if you will.

I knew one of these lists would be required when my alarm went off at 7 am this morning, and when it went off again at 7:30, reminding me that, like it or not, the semester has officially begun.

So here it is. My list of the reasons why today didn’t actually suck.

**It was beautifully overcast, cool, and windy all day. And as I write this the forecasted rain is finally starting to appear.
**It only took my one 20 minute trip to the bookstore to get all of my books. All 19 of them.
**The lady who teaches my 9 am class has a really sweet, sugary voice. This would normally annoy me, but seems not so bad at 9 am when I am still trying to wake up.
**My institute class, The Atonement, Forgiveness, and Repentance, is going to be fabulous.
**I got to wear the new pair of jeans I bought myself for two reasons. 1) I need new jeans. 2) I needed a reason to look forward to going to school. It kind of worked.
**I ran into Mormon Boy at the institute, something that didn’t happen once all last semester.
**I deposited my ASU refund check!

And finally

**I picked up my ticket to the ASU vs. U of A game this Saturday, as well as for the Cal & Stanford games. I am so ready to see my Sun Devils {who are leading the Pac-10} destroy those Wildcats. {But I still love you Nic Wise! And even you too Kyle Fogg!}


Hopefully your day didn't suck either. Even if you did have to go to school.

No comments: