Saturday, January 30, 2010

Bonus Points For Making Me Uncomfortable

I went on a date last night.

And, I don’t know.

He’s nice, and funny. He has super white teeth and understood my Bizarro Jerry reference.

On the other hand, he is absolutely in love with Mesa, Arizona, and he listens to John Mayer. I could never wear heels in his presence and he says Sein-field.

And I know that doesn’t sound like much, but if those are the only things I can think about, doesn’t that say something?

One thing I have learned is that when you kinda sorta like a guy and you go on a date with someone else, it is pretty much just going to leave you thinking about the guy you actually care about even more. So that explains the dream I had last night and the pit I had in my stomach when my date mentioned that he wanted to take me out again. I mumbled something lame, knowing I would have time to figure out a way to decline later.

And lest it seems like I am blowing this guy off because he can’t pronounce Seinfeld correctly and he’s not 6 feet tall, I guess I should just put it out there that I didn’t feel anything. No excitement, no butterflies, no real desire to go out with him again.

So there. Maybe I am just a little bit stuck on a guy who couldn’t care less. And maybe I am a jerk. But I gave it a shot, and it didn’t work out.

Although it would have been nice if it did.

**Side note. While we were picking up out food last night we happened to run into someone my date knew a little bit. {Which subsequently happened at least 5 or 6 times over the course of the night, I wasn’t kidding about the being in love with Mesa thing.} So they start talking a little bit and the guy looks at us and remarks, “So you’re not married right? I don’t see a ring…”

Now that things were nice and awkward and my date hurried to assure him that we weren’t married I chimed in with the fact that it was out first date, thinking the guy would probably look embarrassed and apologize.

Nope.

Instead, he says, “Oh ok, so we’re probably looking at a wedding in midsummer then?”

Not okay dude.

Now, it actually wasn’t that horrible, and I have definitely endured way more awkward situations in my life, but what the heck?! The guy barely knew my date, so it wasn’t even like they were the type who could joke around. He was just socially inept, clearly.

Also, when did I get old enough to be married?

It might have been nice had someone clued me in.

2 comments:

Amanda Gates said...

hahaha i cant believe that guy was practically planning your wedding!!!!!

karajean said...

Hahaha you have no idea... he kept throwing the phrases "my wife" and "my kids" into sentences. Not okay!