Monday, October 12, 2009

Birthday Success


Who would've guessed? My birthday was lovely. Quiet, but (and?) lovely. I have a few really good friends, and I am grateful for that. I have a really good family, and I am grateful for that. And I now own a pair of really fabulous black suede Steve Madden boots, and I am oh-so grateful for those :)

The whole "birthday weekend" thing turned out to be a bigger success than I anticipated. I didn't even cry {a terribly birthday tradition of mine}. I did very minimal amounts of homework {and none whatsoever of Sunday}. I definitely ate terribly for 3 straight days {Saddle Ranch, Olive Garden, Oregano's}. And a few lovely people pretended like it was my b.day even when it was not. I am only now realizing that this might make next a year a bit of a disappointment when I can no longer claim 3 days as my own. But we'll cross that bridge when it comes.

Now that the weekend is over, I can concentrate all of my attention where it belongs. Not my Computer midterm tomorrow, or my Early American Literature midterm on Wednesday, or my ENG 200 midterm on Wednesday (?) and Friday, or my Geology test next Monday, or my Early American Lit. class discussion next Friday, but instead: Halloween. That's right. I have my priorities strictly in order. I'll be brainstorming costumes and celebrating fall in full force from now on. If there is anytime leftover, maybe I'll do some studying. If not, I am not going to stress, because who has time to stress when there are pumpkins to be carved?

No comments: