Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Too Much Food & A Happy Email

I can never remember if the saying goes:

Feed a fever, Starve a cold

or

Starve a fever, Feed a cold

WebMd said that neither is true, as starving yourself is never the answer.

WikiAnswers said a lot of contradicting things. Twas confusing.

But I sincerely hope it is the latter, because today I have eaten just about everything. And the kitchen sink.

For example, I drank an entire pitcher of orange juice. By myself. Before 3 pm. I am currently working on pitcher 2.

I also ate going away cake for my favorite expo at Red Robin, a cup of chicken tortilla soup from Red Robin, and am enjoying a chicken walnut sandwich from Paradise Bakery as I type this. I don't know what has gotten into me, but I am going to chalk it up to medicinal purposes. Naturally.

Oh, and remember today when I ditched class?

Well, I checked my email this afternoon to find this lovely gem from my professor:

ENG 312 Students:

Sorry I forgot to send around the attendance sheet today.

On Monday, February 15th, I’ll send around two attendance sheets, one for Wednesday, February 10th, and one for Monday, February 15th.

Sorry about the inconvenience.


For those people better than me this might create an ethical dilemma.

For me, it's just conformation that I made the right choice.

I mean, come on.

Would you really expect anything else?

3 comments:

Annalise said...

Justified. :) You can't get a better sign than that.

austin said...

what about people who happen to get sick on monday, but were in class today? they will get marked for two absences? grievous injustice.

karajean said...

Oh Austin, defender of the grievously wronged?

You know, it didn't even cross my mind. I do wonder though whether this idea has been thought completely through. Perhaps professor should just let sleeping dogs lie and mark everyone present?