Wednesday, February 17, 2010

I Made A List!

I call it The Reasons Why My Wednesday Was Great {Read: Better than Yours} List

1)Today was dollar lunch day at the institute. I know what you’re thinking. Dollar institute lunch, does not a great day make. I have never once been to one of these things, nor did I feel particularly inclined to go this week. But! When I pulled into the institute parking garage I saw {and smelled} that they were already firing up the grills on the patio. Hamburgers. I love hamburgers.* I did a mental wallet check and remembered that I deposited all of my cash on Monday, so when I got into class I complained a bunch to khood about having no money and about wanting a hamburger and about finding some unsuspecting guy to buy me lunch. Luckily it never came to that. As class ended the girl in front of me, whom I have never talked to, turned around and insisted on giving me a dollar so I could buy lunch. **Awh** People are nice. Sometimes I forget that. So thanks, random girl who overheard my whining! I owe you! {P.S. The hamburger was so.good.}

2)After I devoured my hamburger out on the patio in the insanely lovely weather, I headed inside for better internet reception so I could book my plane ticket to Michigan! And guess what?! Said tickets were only $269 total. Roundtrip, nonstop, including taxes. Maybe I should always book plane tickets while inside a dedicated building. {As if I book plane tickets all the time. False. I’ve never done it before.} I am officially schedule to visit Sister from March 11-March 15. Words cannot describe how excited I am. Less than one month away!

3)Usually while spending time at the institute I head to the quiet study room so no one will talk to me. But today I was waiting for a call from my mom so I could get her vote of confidence before purchasing my tickets {I’m a baby, I know} so I had to sit in the regular study room where people love to chat and flirt and laugh. I sat at the only empty table, but there were bags there so I knew I would be joined by strangers eventually. And boy was I. And now I have two new friends, one of whom made me stand up and let him teach me how to swing dance with him in the middle of the room. And while that would usually cause me to, I don’t know, die of embarrassment, {I can't swing dance to save my life} today it just caused me to swoon. Go figure.

4)After school, I went to work. I was so not excited to go to work. I tried to give away my shift many, many times. But! It was the busiest Wednesday night ever. {Read: incredibly lucrative.} And! Some 35 year old guy eating dinner with his mom left me his phone number and instructions to call. My Red Robin uniform must have really been working for me tonight. ‘Twas a lovely ego boost, if I ignore the creep-factor.

And that is the end of my Wednesday. I mean, not really. I have lots o’ homework to do. But I might not do it. Why spoil a good thing?

I hope your day was equally lovely. But don’t feel bad if it wasn’t. This day was a very long time coming.

Good night, friends.

*Speaking of hamburgers, I have been dying to try the new Five Guys that opened by my house since Sister and her fiancé raved about it over Christmas break. And in retrospect, the most disappointing part of the fact that nothing ever developed between Shoe Guy and I last month {although he did, eventually, answer my text} is the fact that we talked about going to Five Guys together, and now that he only barely acknowledges me in church {which is completely awkwardly confusing, btdubs, considering nothing ever happened between us!} I guess I am going to have to find someone else who shares my love of hamburgers to go with me.

3 comments:

Kayla said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kayla said...

I'm so sorry I never emailed you back about your major! I've just been thinking a lot about it and was planning on emailing you when I had more questions, but thanks--I really appreciate that you took the time to tell me about it. I actually just got accepted into the journalism program, so I'm going to see how that goes from here, but I haven't ruled English out.

I really loved reading this post! It sounds like you've been needing a day to make you swoon and smile as you drift off to sleep--those are the best, aren't they?

karajean said...

Good luck with journalism! I have to admit I am a little jealous-- all of my literature classes have been driving me up the wall lately. Sometimes, I just wanna write, you know? And not read Frankenstein + a never ending pile of slave narratives. *sigh* Life is so unfair sometimes.