Saturday, February 20, 2010

I Get a 'B' in Originality

I have almost decided on spending my Saturday night doing homework.

But then again, this time yesterday I had decided on spending my Friday night in bed with a pillow smahshed over my face listening to Something Corporate on repeat like it was 2006 all over again.

Don't ask.

By approximately 9:30, however, I was putting on makeup, wondering if I could rock the not-brushing-my-hair look once again, grabbing my keys, and heading for the door. For better or worse. {I still haven't decided yet. Although the night was fun, and interesting, to say the least.}

So you never know.

But for now homework {+ Secondhand Serenade} is looking is looking like my best (e.g. smartest} option.

And I'll definitely get to it once I have exhausted all other possibilities. Including writing this post, which I have tried, and failed, to do 3 times in the past 2 days.

But really, getting my homework done by Saturday is something I have been thinking about all week. I'm hoping it might be a good way to avoid the inevitable Sunday night meltdown I have been experiencing as of late. And while it might make me feel lamer than lame right now, I think it will be worth the trade off if I am able to come home from church tomorrow without crashing under the weight and stress of a new week and a heap of undone homework.

Here goes nothing.

P.S. Apparently my taste in music this weekend has reverted to that of sixteen-year-old Kara, and it doesn't take a genius to figure out why. *sigh* I was so moody back then. Hopefully this regression stops with my musical preferences, and hopefully I'll snap out of it soon. It's almost impossible to get anything done with these vaguely whiny acoustic rock songs blaring in my ears. They are enough to suck away all of my time and energy, and suddenly it has been 3 hours and I haven't moved a muscle other than the ones that expand and contract with every pining sigh.

Oh, to be sixteen again.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i look at sixteen year-olds now and my first instinct is to groan at how silly and sometimes pathetic they are. but then i realize i was exactly like them once upon a time, if not ten times worse. sometimes it makes being twenty seem not-so bad... which is a kind of frightening.