Wednesday, February 24, 2010

confession #9

i have been working at red robin since june 2009. that's almost 9 months, people. and i have this manager, who still pronounces my name wrong. he says it like "kar-uh" instead of "kare-uh." i tell myself it's because he's from new york, but really, he doesn't have an accent, and that's not the reason. i'm kind of used to this misconception and i am usually pretty good at correcting people who pronounce my name wrong {and correcting and correcting, if need be} but this one must have slipped under the radar. either that or i was too nervous when i got hired to actually speak to a manager. and now i'm about 8 months too late to say anything. lame.

4 comments:

Sandy said...

did you tell you about the gym teacher i let call me sondra instead of sandra for two solid years because i was scared during the first few days of class? i think i did. there's nothing you can do now.

Jen said...

Do you remember at theatre camp (wow that sounds lame) when that one counselor called me "chelsea" the whole time? I do.

karajean said...

Sandy! you did tell me! and you're right... it's much too late. i'm in the same boat you were.

And Jennifer! theater camp is only a slight improvement on "drama camp" i think. and i don't remember anyone calling you chelsea, but to be perfectly honest, i don't remember much from those 2 weeks... maybe i blocked it out?

Jules AF said...

I'd totally pronounce your name as care-uh. car-uh is obviously not right.