Sunday, February 28, 2010

"I Just Don't Really Like People."

I went to a party tonight.

And I subsequently remembered why I don’t go to parties.

I mean, it wasn’t completely terrible, really.

But it was really hot and really crowded and I kept being bumped into by sweaty people I either don’t know, have been spending the two years since high school avoiding, or whose names {or mocking nicknames} have now been added to the list of people I need to avoid while at the institute.

After khood and I were done dancing but before we could leave {we were held hostage by the pouring rain, afraid to get soaking wet on the half-block trek to my car} we went and sat on the top of the stairs dividing the party half of the house from the non-party half and talked about why we don’t like parties as we stared at a group of guys who may have been cute but who were wearing questionable t-shirts. {SWAT = Sweaty, Wet, and Tired... Really?} And we both came to the consensus that any guy we would ever be interested in would not be spending his Saturday night at a party like this. I’m not sure about khood, but the guys I am interested in were probably sitting on their couch watching Seinfeld, or reading a book or hanging out with a small group of friends, or even taking a girl on a date. Because guys I am interested in ask girls on dates instead of trying to make “get to know you conversation” while awkwardly dancing with them at parties.

So yeah, I was pretty judgmental of everyone who was there.

And yeah, that was probably my last party for a very long time.

But I am glad I went anyway because I got to spend a lot of time with khood which equals a lot of talking and a lot of us knowing exactly what the other person is talking about, which is always nice. Plus, nights like this always confirm that maybe it’s not such a bad thing to sit at home on my weekends of there isn’t somewhere I really want to be.

So until next time my friends all decide to get together to grill hamburgers or one of these hypothetical boys invites me to sit on his couch and watch Seinfeld with him you can probably find me at home.

And after last night, that is more than ok with me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

umm, are we the same person?? because it really seems that way. and i am completely fine with that. you rock and made my night!

also, i really like the title of this post. :)

AngelaBeth said...

WORD!