Thursday, February 25, 2010

Insert a Synonym for 'Weird'

Yesterday was weird.

Weird in the way that it was the first Wednesday I haven’t worked in forever, not weird in the way that gives me any interesting stories to tell.

It was weird in the way that I realized The Ex is leaving for his mission in exactly 1 week, and weird in the way that this realization doesn’t make me feel anything, really.

Weird in the way that I wrote down everything I was thinking in my journal {which is not weird at all, just another daily occurrence} and it took up about 8 pages and for once writing it all down did not provide me an ounce of clarity. That was the weird part.

Weird in the way that I was driving home from school with the windows rolled down and found myself thinking about how lovely February in Arizona is.

Weird in the way it always is when the boy and I get close to having a real conversation about something kind of important, but then dance around it for an hour the way we usually do until he gets tired of being so evasive and decides the conversation won’t happen after all.

And it was weird in the way that I got an email last night telling me that my 9 am class this morning was cancelled.

So naturally, I am giving myself the entire day off.

Well, sort of.

I’m not driving down to Tempe for my other 2 classes, but I am going to get to work on the sizeable to-do list I made last night.

And that is what makes today weird.

Although now that I am looking at said list in the daylight and with an arguably well rested mind, I think I might have overestimated my ability to get things done when I could just as easily lie in bed and do absolutely nothing.

The main problem is this list wants me to hit on all cylinders.

It wants me to clean, to do a fair amount of homework, to be healthy, and to relax and hang out with Krystal tonight, and do a host of random little things.

Weird.

I have not been this productive on a “day off” in, I don’t know, ever?

I must have been greedy last night.

Or optimistic.

I would normally say it was the former, but who knows; things are weird around here.

Maybe that weirdness includes some optimism.

No comments: