Friday, February 12, 2010

Move On If You're Already Sick of the Fourteenth.

To be perfectly honest, I haven't really given Valentine's Day much thought.

I've given Sunday, February 14 a lot of thought, but only because I am speaking in church.

Valentine's Day itself, on the other hand?

Not so much.

There is one exception to this rule however.

That exception seems to be when I log into Blogger.

Nearly every blog I read has devoted at least one entry in the past few days to Saint Valentine and/or being single and/or being in love.

So although while out in the real world among the real people I have not spent much time stewing over my feelings for this year's big day or my feelings for the holiday in general, every dang time I sit down at the computer it is practically inescapable.

{Yeah, I read too many blogs. Moving on...}

And then I settle in to write, all thoughts of the post I spent my entire linguistic discussion crafting swept from my brain in favor of hearts, broken and whole.

And here is my unsolicited two cents.

Being single on Valentine's Day, is, in my opinion, not that big of a deal.

Unless!

Unless, of course, there is a specific someone you want to be un-single with. Because if that's the situation, then, yeah, Valentine's Day is an extra-crappy day in what is most likely a long string of days that make you want to smash your cellphone to pieces and commit yourself a week spent in bed.

And now that I have taken the time to assess my feelings and write them down for posterity, you might be wondering what my feelings are in regards to Sunday, February 14 in a strictly non church-going sense.

Well.

Let's just say it might be better to keep my cellphone away from me. Because it's newish. And I don't have insurance. And I'd hate to spend Monday gluing together the pieces.

2 comments:

Annalise said...

I like this a lot. Can you take my phone away from me, too?

karajean said...

Thank you! And yes, let's get rid of our phones! It would simplify so much...