Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Peace in February

The last couple of days have been better than the few before that.

Yesterday I stopped by the temple on my way home from school and just walked around the grounds and sat down for awhile in an attempt to get my mind off some things that have been getting me down lately. I felt better the second I stepped out of my car. I brought along my iPod so I could listen to church music but I didn’t end up turning it on. It was so peaceful to sit in the 70 degree sunshine and listen to nothing but the birds chirp and the calmly running water near the reflection pool. It was almost enough to make me forget it is still the first week of February. There were not a lot of people there, but I did pass a few adorable old couples, walking slowly and holding hands in that way that quietly but clearly let me know they're in love. It was sweet. Luckily, that kind of sweetness doesn’t make my heart ache the way it did back in September; it makes me smile. And I think that is something to be grateful for.


{It is pictures and days like this that make me realize I might have accidentally fallen in love with Arizona somewhere down the line. I'm driving with the windows rolled down and admiring blossoms on trees instead of fighting my way through the snow. And I kind of like it.}

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love this post, and i love you. and for the record, i may or may not stalk your blog, too. i
m just really bad about commenting on the ones i like. which is pretty much all of them. :)

karajean said...

Hahaha I'm glad to hear it! :)