Saturday, July 18, 2009

With The Sun

I woke up with the sun this morning. It would be so convenient to say that it feels like a fresh start, a “new” day, and that it feels like things are going to be different. It doesn’t. It feels likes things are going to be exactly the same; horrible. But they’re not. I would be so easy to let this run the same course as always; but it won’t. I am going to make sure things are different. It might seem like an insignificant distinction but to me it makes all the difference in the world.

I am on about 1.5 hours of sleep right now, at best. If I had it my way, I would not be writing this. But I am writing because once I read something that said “Keep writing. Keep doing it and doing it. Even in the moments when it's so hurtful to think about writing.”

I loved that. So that is what I am going to do.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't stop writing. I love your writing. It will make a difference.

karajean said...

Thank you so much. That is a huge compliment and it just made my day :)