Friday, July 31, 2009

Close, But No Cigar



Dear Universe (Take Two),

I am sorry. I guess I didn’t quite keep up my implicit part of the bargain. You should know that I tried my best. My best just was not good enough this time. Hopefully it will be next weekend. I would still appreciate your help, however. I will probably need it now more than ever. I reminded myself forcefully of Bradley Chalkers today. The part where he finally gets up the courage to do his homework and then his stomach clenches tightly as he walks to the teachers desk to turn it in. So he rips it up and immediately feels better. Yeah, I feel a little like that. Thanks for understanding. I knew you would.

Yours Truly,
Kara

So. I spent this evening in ways other than originally planned. I also spent this evening thinking about that get-to-know-you game everybody loves to play; Two Truths & A Lie. I hate that game. I can never think of anything to say. But tonight I have one truth for you and one lie.

“Truth be told I miss you
Truth be told I’m lying”


Some days it is difficult to decipher which is which. Today was one of those days.

No comments: