Saturday, July 25, 2009

What I Said & What I Meant

Time: 1:15 pm

Setting: My Kitchen; making lunch

Michael: How can you stand to still be in pajamas at this time?

Me: Pajamas are comfortable.

Michael: Yeah, but they make me feel sloppy.

Me: But I am going to work later, so I have plenty of time to be un-sloppy then.

Michael: But I would just feel like I’m not doing anything.

Me: You’re not doing anything; you’re watching TV.

Michael: But if someone came to the door I could answer it.

Me: You never answer the door.

Michael: Well if someone called me and wanted to hang out, I could go.

Pause

Me: Well if someone called me and wanted to hang out, it would not matter anyway because I have to go to work in an hour.



Which, of course, is really just code for; No one is going to call me anyway, so it doesn’t matter how long I wear pajamas.

Don’t tell Michael.

3 comments:

Sandy said...

that is a sad conversation!

karajean said...

It didn't feel sad at the time, I just realized later that it kind of was. And I LOVE the banner on your blog. Start writing sister!

jasmine said...

hahaha! i didn't think it was sad....just funny.