Friday, July 3, 2009

Silver Lining

I am still awake, although I sincerely wish I were not. Tonight was another amazing night of work. I swear this job keeps getting better and better. I am actually severely bummed that I have the day off tomorrow. And now you all think I am crazy. I don’t blame you, I know people are not supposed the love their jobs. Especially lowly food service industry jobs. But I cannot help myself :)

I must either be completely out of writing mode or living a very uninteresting life lately. I cannot thing of a single thing I would consider “blog worthy.” Hmmm… Perhaps if I lower my “blog worthy” standards I will be in better shape, although if I am being completely honest with myself I know those standards are already pretty low.

Every day I find myself marveling at how quickly summer is passing by; we’re almost half way done. (Over half way done for my little bros. Poor guys.) Sometimes I start to stress out when I think about how I will be completely starting over at ASU this year. I will have to reorient myself to the campus and to the ASU grade system and website. I will have to make new friends and get used to cheering for the Sun Devils instead of rooting against them. I will have to adjust to life without late night Regan talks (I am already having to deal with this and hating it). I will have to find the good places to study and the fastest routes and the best/cheapest food on campus. I will have to move into a new ward and visit teach new girls and meet new institute teachers. And I will have to do this all while stressing about money for rent (possibly) and food (possibly) and tuition surpluses (definitely) and a car/gasoline (probably.) I would be lying if I said I was not scared, and I would be lying if I said I was not excited. But I am definitely looking forward to the rest of summer lasting as long as possible.

Summer has been nice so far. I love summer, but my favorite part has yet to show up. Not a single monsoon, not a single drop of rain in weeks and weeks. I am starting to get antsy. Monsoons make the Arizona summers bearable, and even enjoyable, for me. Without them it is just hot and more hot. But at least for now it is lazy-summer-day-hot, and not rushing-late-to-class-hot. There is a silver lining on these thin non-rain clouds. If only Krystal were here she could tell me what kind of clouds I am talking about. Too bad it is 2:30 in the morning and even Facebook is letting me know that no one else is awake. Here is hoping that sleep comes soon; and if not, here’s hoping I will have enough Arrested Development discs to last me until morning. Silver lining. I did it again. Not bad for this time of night.

No comments: