Friday, July 3, 2009

Warning: Watch for Self-Righteous Ranting

I am researching used cars online, becoming depressed, and wondering if the two aren’t related. *sigh* I know most of my friends and Gilbert, Arizona acquaintances will take issue with this statement, but I have to say it. No, I want to say it. If your parents ever bought or have given you a car, you most likely have no idea how *lucky* you are. And yes, I am using “lucky” in lieu of another, more colorful, word. (i.e. spoiled). And before everyone gets all up in arms, I am not talking about letting you drive the family car. I drove a family car all through high school. (I know a lot of people would consider that “lucky” as well.) I am talking about purchasing a car specifically for you, or giving you a car to take with you when you move out. That is what I take issue with. And by “take issue with” I of course mean “am jealous of.” And this entire rant stems from my lack-of-car-to-drive-me-to-school frustration. So try not to take too much offense, please. I am tired, cranky, and indignant.

No comments: