Monday, March 15, 2010

Spring Break in Ann Arbor, Pt. 2

It is my last morning in Ann Arbor.

The clock on my computer tells me it is 7:47 am.

The clock on my cell phone tells me it is 10:47 am.

It is very confusing.

Yesterday my friend asked me how I am enjoying my vacation. I said that it is "kind of cold and dreary here, but there is a lot of good food, so it balances out."

And I meant it.

Well, sort of.

It more than balances out, is what I meant.

I really don't mind the dreariness. Not for a few days. But I can see how it would grow tiresome.

Yesterday was nice. I like that Sundays have the same relaxing feel to them no matter where you go. I like that church people in Ann Arbor are friendly. I like that Sandy's finance didn't get too upset when I tried to help make dinner {grilled cheese} and ended up cutting myself with the knife and bleeding all over the swiss. I like that we played Bananagrams, even though I lost. And I like that Sandy and I stayed up late watching Gossip Girl online and eating frozen berries like candy.

It was a good day.

Sandy is in class right now, and I am in her apartment in her bed attempting to write my midterm for my African American lit class.

That's right. Monday morning. Spring break. I'm doing homework.

But only because today's agenda is full. And so is tomorrow's. And Wednesday's and Thursday's too.

So I have to get this done now.

And then back to enjoying spring break.

Have a lovely day.

2 comments:

Kayla said...

Good luck on the paper. I'm jealous that you guys get spring break, we're not so fortunate. Also...LOVE Gossip Girl. Another reason we were destined to be friends.

Elizabeth Downie said...

I'm so glad I got to meet you! I'm also glad you didn't mind the dreariness when you were here. It's been really sunny the last couple days. Too bad you couldn't stay a couple more days! :(

Gossip Girl...that's too funny. I've never seen it but it seems like it could be addictive.