Friday, March 19, 2010

The Best Things About My Trip to San Diego. With Pictures!

*Dinner overlooking the Pier in Seaport Village.



*Getting hit on by the drunk Brazilian Boy who only had “one night in San Diego." {I sadly do not have a picture of this, and am including a picture of downtown instead, as that is where the proposition was made.}


*Discovering that despite my long held opinion otherwise, kettle korn is actually delicious. {Also don't have a picture of this. Shawna and I devoured the bag before I thought to document the discovery.}

*Running into the same giant Filipino family twice in Balboa Park and being ushered into their pictures/video both times while they told us we were beautiful.

*Eating a frozen banana, from a frozen banana stand, on the board walk. {click here if you know what's good for your soul}


*Realizing that it is impossible to anything other than utterly relaxed while lying on the beach.


*Being peer pressured into buying my TOMS shoes. {"They are for a good cause!"}


*Taking silly pictures.




*My awful, terrible, sunburn. Because, hey, in a week, I am going to be so tan! {I did take a picture of this, but have made the executive decision not to post it, as to avoid scandalizing your innocent eyes with my lasciviousness.}

Oh. A Post Script: If I end up with skin cancer 30 years down the road, consider this permission to remind me of Spring Break 2010 and say “I told you so.”

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

um, about the last one... where you pose as a statue in the middle of a fountain? first of all, you remind me of those roman/greek statues/sculptures. second, how did you get on that pedastal without getting wet? or, how did you get there at all?

oh, and you're fabulous.

karajean said...

haha I am wet almost up to my knees! I had to just walk through the water, and there is a picture of that as well! haha I was so nervous I was going to get yelled at or kicked out of Balboa Park! But hey, at least I got a good pic!

:)