Monday, December 21, 2009

A Very Durkin Christmas

Christmas in the Durkin home means a lot of the same things it means for other families.

It means lights, shopping, baking, and family.

It also means staying up until 3 in the morning to watch terrible TV and drink sparkling cider out of champaign glasses with my sister {Our first, and hopefully not last, episode of Keeping Up With the Kardashians}.

It means laughing {and some terrified screaming} at the absurdity of watching my parents race each other home from temple lights.

It means the "girl car" trying to compete with the AC/DC the boys were blasting on the way to the temple by simultaneously blasting Don McLean's American Pie.

It means making Elf Yourself videos with all of the members of the family {including Grandma} and laughing until my stomach hurts and my mascara is a little runny.

It means finally going to see New Moon because I have been waiting since November for Sandy to come home and see it with me and my mama.

It means spending too much time on the internet reading blogs and watching Subtle Sexuality.

It means having someone to sit with at church and laugh about everyone else in the building.

It means listening to Disney music and making plans to watch Mulan.

It means pictures, but silly embarrassing pictures, not perfectly posed ones fit to send out in a Christmas card. Because Christmas in the Durkin home does not mean Christmas cards. If it did, they would look something like this.


Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

Jen said...

I'm glad your brothers like having their picture taken. Haha! Your post made me excited for Christmas:)