Thursday, December 17, 2009

Sometimes Even I'm Wrong.

It turns out I might not be as deathly ill as my fever {100.7!} and my sore throat {really, really sore!} had me believe yesterday.

Go figure.

My error in judgment aside, this is great news. Especially for the people I spent all last night serving food to, and the people I will spend about 10 hours serving today. Even as I type this my throat has started aching again, as if it knows working 3 shifts in a row is not the best idea for someone still recovering from a... mild fever and a tender throat. {I know what you're thinking. This sounds like a cold. And why didn't I realize it was just a cold yesterday? Because WedMd told me I had the mumps. That's why.}

On the bright side, there is always more Ibuprofen. I'm calling it a precautionary measure today. Precautionary medicine is allowed, right? I can't see how there could be anything wrong with that. Besides, I'm legitimately sick. I mean, I could have the mumps.

3 comments:

austin said...

you're silly.

Jen said...

You could also have mono. Kissing too many boys I think...

karajean said...

Oh Jennifer, you have no idea how much I wish that were the case! Also, I came down with mono in grade school, and it was not as glamorous as people think; especially b/c I wasn't kissing anybody when I was 9 years old.