Sunday, December 13, 2009

"Now I Know What a Fool I've Been, But if You Kissed Me Now, I Know You'd Fool Me Again"

I think today is the first day I have really felt in the Christmas mood. The house smells like Christmas trees, we're putting up ornaments tonight (!), I get to enjoy my first Sunday in months without panicking about school tomorrow, Mom and I are holiday baking after dinner, we sang Christmas hymns at church, and I am listening to Taylor Swift's Christmas CD as I type this.

lalalala

I feel good. I bore my testimony at church today. It's been cloudy, rainy, and cold for days. I finally got my schedule for next semester just the way I want it, and two of my favorite people are coming home in 1 week!

The only thing that dampens my mood ever so slightly is when Taylor's Christmas music runs out, and Cold As You starts playing, which I love, but which is a little too relevant these days.

***
"You put up walls and paint them all a shade of gray.
And I stood there lovin' you and wished them all away.
And you come away with a great little story of a mess of a dreamer with the nerve to adore you."


***
That minor detail aside, however, things are pretty great, and I'm pretty happy! No wonder this is my favorite time of year. All it really takes is a pine scented candle to lift my spirits.

P.S. {For Santa}

I think I want this for Christmas this year. Maybe we can switch things up a little bit?

Love, Kara

No comments: