Saturday, December 12, 2009

A List of Things.

A few of things happened today.

I finished my Special Ed take home final, meaning I completely finished school for the semester. It does not even remotely feel real to me, partially because this semester has been one never-ending death trap, and partly because I had no finals to take, just a couple of papers to write. So I finished the last one today, on a Saturday, in my bed, and there was no “I’m finally done with school moment!” I tried to create one, but it didn’t really land. All the same, however, it is a relief to know that I’m done. And I think that despite all of my self-proclaimed collapsing my GPA will weather this semester just fine. It’s been through worse. {Ok, that might be a lie. I’ll have to see when grades are posted.}

I started Sense and Sensibility. I have spent my last several winter breaks with Jane Austen, so I decided it was only fitting to mark my return to pleasure reading with one of her novels. I have read Pride and Prejudice too many times to count, and will probably read it again within the next month, but for right now I am going to spend my time with the Dashwoods. I’m looking forward to it.

Today I went to work, and I realized that despite all of my complaining about them, I actually kind of like the people I work with, dang it. So now I kind of want to go to the silly Red Robin Christmas party, even though when I think about it I know I don’t really want to go. I knew I was better off not making friends. What a dilemma.

My fortune cookie told me that an attractive person has a special message for me. Still waiting for that one to happen.

And one very notable thing did not happen today.

I didn’t go to my ward Christmas party. After work I got all dressed up for said party, drove there, decided against going, turned around, and drove home. I realized there is no way I would ever have a good time. Ward parties are awful, Mormon dances are {by and large} awful, and all social gatherings are awful when you go specifically to see one person, unsure of whether or not they are even there.

So yeah, I stayed home. And I’m watching Saturday Night Live with my mom. At least Taylor Lautner is hot. Maybe he is the “attractive” one my fortune cookie was talking about? Let’s hope. Or rather, let’s not. I’m going to hold out for a real life attractive person, if that’s ok. New Years Eve is just around the corner, after all.

1 comment:

Sandy said...

it's me! and my special message is that we are going to be eating burgers and playing pit in exactly one week. also, i love your new banner. rickety ferris wheels are the best.