Wednesday, December 16, 2009

About My Illness & My Ego

I was right.

I knew I was getting sick last night while I was serving, and I knew I was getting sick while I was at the Red Robin Christmas party, I knew I was getting sick while I was doing laundry until a ridiculously late hour, and I definitely knew I was sick this morning when I woke up at 5:30 and could not get back to sleep.

So it turns out I was also right about how I was going to spend the day. Lying in bed in my pajamas. No running, no cleaning, no driving to Tempe to talk to me {cute} professor and finish selling back my books.

It also turns out that being right does precious little to make me feel better. But the Ibuprofen is stepping in where the vindication is failing. So that's something.

And mostly this post is the fruition of my extreme boredom and the fever reducer. So don't be surprised or alarmed if and when I spam my blog with pretty pictures and pointless stories over the next day or two.

And in order to make good on that promise, here's a story for you. Yesterday as I was leaving my house and walking to my car to go to work two boys {around 15 years old?} were riding by on their bicycles. As they rode by and I went to unlock my car they both looked up at me at the same time, and apparently were both so distracted by my beauty {or fabulous new sunglasses, or both} that they simultaneously forgot what they were doing and crashed right into each other. The result was two tangled up bikes and two very ashamed looking boys trying to free themselves from the mess. I mean, they actually fell over. Hard! They were lying in the street! It was great; a fabulous ego boost.

Totally made my day.

And I hope I totally made their day when I honked at them as I drove past. Either that, or they died of embarrassment. Either works for me.

No comments: