Monday, December 28, 2009

A Post About My Dad, and Still Somehow Mostly About Me

When I was in the sixth grade there was a teacher, who for the sake of anonymity I will refer to as Mrs. Smith, {not to be confused with the actual Mrs. Smith who taught at VVL} who was not my teacher.

She was, however, her son’s teacher.

And I always wondered if he called her “Mrs. Smith” or “Mom” in class. I mean, either sounds weird.

I bring this up because today in church when they called the new bishopric I realized I am in the same predicament.

Bishop Durkin?

Dad?

{Maybe Bishop Dad?}

This minor dilemma aside, today was an awesome day at church. It might be a little weird having my dad as my bishop, and I’m probably about to become a lot more involved in ward activities, but I guess that can only be a good thing. And he is going to be great. I am so excited for him. Just like I am so excited for his band to start providing entertainment for ward parties. {How cool would that be?}

Besides, hopefully now people will remember who I am and stop asking me if I’m new.

Maybe someone will even sit next to me in sacrament meeting.

A girl can dream, right?


Happy Bishoping Dad!

1 comment:

Jen said...

How exciting! It's always a good thing when people don't think you're new anymore. Not that I would know...I'm still having those problems in my ward.