Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Little Letters

Dear Brain,
Do yourself a favor and give it a rest so I can get some much needed sleep. You are in overdrive and it is entirely unnecessary.

Dear Family,
Why so many marriages? Anyway, I am very happy for all of you.

Dear Boys,
Desperation ain’t a good look on you. Trust me.

Dear Havasupai,
Go easy on me this weekend. I am beyond nervous but also terribly excited.

Dear Feet,
Please carry me in and out of Havasupai in one piece. I don’t care what you do when it is over; just get me through the weekend. Please.

Dear The Time Traveler’s Wife,
Am I the only one who thinks you are not all that great? Granted, I am still a little less than halfway through, but I have yet to find you “enchanting” or “dizzyingly romantic.” I can only hope you get much better or the movie outdoes you.

Dear Monsoon Season,
Where did you go? Wish you were here.

Dear (500) Days of Summer,
Come to a theater near me. I am dying to see you.

Dear Summer,
Tread lightly on your way out. But if you must go, please take all of this insufferable heat with you and for once let us in Arizona enjoy a real autumn.

Dear Brand New Bedroom,
I can only hope the makeover I decided to give you will pay off. Right now I am not so sure. Right now you look a little strange, to be perfectly honest. I am not sure what to do about that.

Dear Journal,
I apologize for neglecting you in favor of my blog. You don’t deserve to be shunned. You have treated me exceptionally well for the past 9 years.

Dear Stomach,
Quit belly aching, won’t you? As I told my brain, I need some sleep.

{Thanks Rockstars}

2 comments:

Sandy said...

(500) Days of Summer is great. I recommend. I've thought about reading The Time Traveler's Wife - not so great, though? Also, you told your stomach to quit belly aching - haha.

Caitlin said...

Kara! Thanks so much for your comment! I thing your blog is adorable! I too am in the middle of The Time Travelers Wife and have yet to be swept away...press forward I guess...