Friday, August 28, 2009

Another Song, and A Little More



I love this song. I love it because it sounds so personal. I love it because it is honest. I love it because I image it is the story of Gillian Welch’s life. I love it because it is heartbreaking. I love it because it makes me feel gloomy. I love it because I can image that parts of it are talking specifically about me. I love it because her voice is so haunting and unique. I love this song because it makes me hope that someday I will be able to write something that will make other people feel all of the same feelings I just described.

I worked last night. I work tonight. I work tomorrow night. Thus, this semester begins. I don’t have any other plans. This school year just started but already it is enough to make we want to spend the entire day in bed and ignore the world. And if I get enough time to actually do this, I will probably be listening to Soul Journey. So melancholy. So perfect. Thank you Gillian Welch. Even when no one else is, at least you are honest with me.

No comments: