Saturday, August 29, 2009

Just Because

Because of my affinity for lists, and because my feet still hurt from my shift, and because my week was a roller coaster, and because my fingers are bandaged (making typing rather difficult), and because work was a nightmare, and because I am simultaneously writing while watching My Cousin Vinny, and because I want to, I am turning this post into a charming little list of my favorite things from this very long week.

This advice from one of my new favorite blogs. Sometimes I think my entire life is one big calculated risk.
This exquisite picture of something I very much hope to experience in my life time. And with any luck everything around me will be sepia, looking like it came straight of the 1930s.
• My first of many 4 day school weeks.
• This quote from Sex and the City’s Samantha Jones: “If you are never anyone’s girlfriend you can never be anyone’s ex-girlfriend.” (Amen)
• Finally finding an adorable dress to wear to Will’s wedding. And a second adorable one, just for the heck of it.
• Making plans to visit Tucson next month.
• Purchasing my very own car! Pictures, name, and details to come.

And because every yin must have a yang, here is a list of my not so favorite things from this week.

• My first of many 4 days school weeks.
• Sandy’s return to Michigan.
• Natalie’s return to Boston.
• Being told to leave work, go home, and wrap myself in bubble wrap so I would stop screwing things up, breaking glass, and cutting myself.

And there you have it. 7 vs. 4. Maybe this week was not as terrible as I originally thought.

But then again, maybe it was.

No comments: