Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Trouble, Oh Trouble Set Me Free

I’m listening to the Harold and Maude soundtrack and thinking about how bizarre that movie is and about how I love the music from it anyway.

This week has been kicking my butt. Monday I spent the better part of the day thinking it would have been better had I never got out of bed. Yesterday I felt so overwhelmed that I did absolutely no work. This morning I woke up 6 minutes before I had to leave for class, my homework still unfinished. Luckily things are looking up. There was a noticeable bounce in my step this afternoon. After a fair bit of stress I think I have ensured everything ASU needs for my application is on its way. Now I wait. I wait to see if my credits will transfer. While I wait I should begin looking for a place to live. And I should continue searching for an answer.

It is gorgeous outside today. I watched some friends fly a kite. I have never flown a kite before and I was all set to try it until the kite (a turtle named Speedy) got stuck in a palm tree. It was fun while it lasted, even if I was just an observer.

I finally chose a topic for my second and final paper for America & Antiquity and had it approved by my TA. I will be analyzing the classicizing techniques Martin Luther King Jr. used in his speech “I’ve Been to the Mountaintop.” Does is betray how big of a nerd I am to write that I am really very energized to write this paper? Well I am.

Next week I have 3 exams and my paper due, but I am not going to let that phase me for the rest of the week. I just got my good mood back and I don’t want to chase it away. Cat Stevens seems to think I should be happy as well.

“Well, if you want to sing out, sing out

And if you want to be free, be free

Cause there’s a million things to be

You know that there are”

1 comment:

Sandy said...

1. good song -- i have it running through my head now. also, i got a free cat stevens record this weekend.
2. good luck with the credit transfer (although i still think teach arizona/teach for america would be awesome).
3. i want to read your paper when it's done.