Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Restless

I have no idea how it is only Tuesday. Already this week seems longer than the last 3 weeks combined. This day feels like it has been dragging on forever. Maybe it is the knowledge that I won’t be going home this weekend that is making it seem uncharacteristically lengthy. Maybe it is because I only slept a few hours last night and I have been up for so long. Maybe after spending all the morning in the student health center and spending all afternoon in bed I am going stir crazy. Maybe worrying about my near constant chest pain all day has left me exhausted. Maybe time is sluggish because I finished my latest book and am severely jonesing for something new to read. Maybe it is because I only have 2 weeks left of school and I feel like a little kid waiting for Santa. Feel free to add your own interpretations. I welcome any new ideas.

Speaking of jonesing for something to read, Stardust by Neil Gaiman is on top of my list, as soon as I can get my hands on a copy. David and I are entertaining the idea of starting our Book Club again for the summer. When I remember last summer Book Club with David is one of the things I remember most, and it never fails to make me smile. And seeing as how this is the activity that brought me Picture of Dorian Gray and 1984 over hot wings and Cheesecake Factory pasta, how can I not want to do that again? Yes, while typing this I have just decided to reinstate Book Club. I now have one more thing to look forward to this summer, as if I needed anything else.

I have a job interview tomorrow. I really need it to go well. It is a phone interview, which I am less than thrilled about. I think I make a better impression in person. Here’s hoping I am gainfully employed at The Boy’s and Girl’s Club this summer. Keep your fingers crossed?

Also, here’s wondering why this entry did not take longer for me to write. Here’s hoping tomorrow comes soon. Keep your other fingers crossed.

2 comments:

Sandy said...

1) have you checked the u of a library for stardust yet? they usually have a good supply of novels.
2) i have the book if you can't get it anywhere else. i could send it to you!
3) i didn't like it as much as i thought i would. good omens was written by neil gaiman and terry pratchett and after reading books written by both of them i realize i prefer terry pratchett. BUT, stardust is still a pretty good fantasy story and i'd be interested in hearing your thought on it.

karajean said...

I let you know if I can't find it! Thanks! Also, I'll tell you when I have finished reading it!