Wednesday, April 22, 2009

All's Well That Ends Well

When I woke up this morning I had no idea how hectic and stressful the day was going to be. I certainly did not expect it last night when I refused to go to bed at a reasonable hour in favor of reading my current novel, a novel I have read several times before, I might add. The day was kind to me in some ways, and not-so-kind to me in several others. But the hard part is over now which is all that matters. I made it though my blood donation nearly without incident. I am sure that came as a welcome relief everyone who had reservations about my donating (including me). David asked why I continue to donate if it makes me nervous and sick. I don’t think he appreciated my answer so I will be keeping it to myself from now on, thank you very much.

This whole ASU thing just keeps getting more stressful. I got in (me and the lucky 98% of people who apply) but I am not any closer to figuring out what I am going to do next year. The lady at the front desk of undergraduate admissions seems determined to make sure I get no closer to receiving any answers until May 11th because apparently, why do over the phone today something that can be done in person 3 weeks from now. My frustration is mounting but I have decided not to worry about it for the time being. I’m sure I will be back to my usual stressed self tomorrow but for now I am relaxed and happy. My night was lovely and I have finished all of my homework, meaning I have plenty of time to read and/or watch last week’s 30 Rock online. Or here is a crazy thought. I might even get to bed at a respectable time. But then again, my notion of “respectable time” has changed immensely since I stared college. So yeah, I’ll be up for awhile yet.

No comments: