Thursday, April 30, 2009

How to Successfully Avoid Sensational Writing

Listen up.

Are you listening?

This is the best news I have had to share all day.

I finished my America & Antiquity class. Completely done. I thought I would let you know because I have mentioned it a time or two before. I was so jazzed for it in January and unfortunately it did not turn out to be the class I thought it would, but at least it is over. And I kicked its butt. Tomorrow morning, around 11:20 am I will also be finished with my Nutrition class forever! Another boring one, I admit, but at least I’ll be done. (Not to mention I also did fantastic in this class. But don’t worry; the bragging stops here. I’m afraid next week won’t be so easy.)

And now that my obligatory mention of school is over, I’m having some serious writer’s block. Blogger’s block? Whatever it’s called I have it and I hate it. I have been staring at the computer screen for awhile now. It’s this dorm room, I know it is. I have not been able to look out of a window while writing for months. I cannot wait to get out of here. Most adults who fancy themselves experts on the subject say the dorm experience is one everyone needs to have, and to that I say you are probably too old to remember what dorm rooms are like. And I probably will be too when I tell my kids to stay in them x years from now.

While sitting here feebly making an effort to pretend like I am attempting to fight off my writer’s block, it has been suggested to me that maybe it would be a good idea to write about the swine flu seeing as how I am strapped for subjects. I will not, however, stoop so low to write about it just because it is sensational and will certainly get your attention. I am not Fox News. Plus, thinking about it scares the daylights out of me. So there. I refuse to even mention it.

And on that lovely note, I think I’m going to have to call it quits; my writer’s block won this battle.

P.S. I just got my second good news of the day. I officially have a job interview. Hallelujah. Maybe I won’t have to be poor forever; unlike everyone else in America is certainly doomed to be. (Take that sensationalism.)

2 comments:

Natalie said...

Umm funny story....slash could turn out to be not funny. Highland made Terri stay home because she has a headache and stomach ache and they think it is possibly swine flu...:(

karajean said...

Oh my heck that is kinda scary! I hope she is ok/I'm sure she is and Highland was just being extra careful!