Monday, April 20, 2009

Busy, but Quiet

Sadly, another lovely weekend is over. Thankfully, I only have to wait 4 days for the next one. This weekend felt busier than most, but in the nice quiet kind of way. Here is a brief snapshot.

Friday, I:

Arrived home with enough time to say Hello to the family

Grabbed David from The Diamond Consortium with enough time to say Hello to the rest of the family

Chipotle

Stressed about how late we were going to be. Stressed David out with my stressing.

Drive-in movies with David’s brother and sister-in-law. State of Play and Duplicity. It was uncharacteristically cold outside so my feet were numb during most of State of Play, but on the bright side Tim and Christine did not forget blankets like David and I did, so we were able to steal a couple from them. Plus, diet root beer and mini Twix bars make an excellent snack, even in the bitter cold.

Saturday, I:

Watched The Office with David

Ate lunch with Krystal at our favorite cheap pizza place, Prima Pizza

Went tanning with Krystal at the clubhouse

Did Dinner with David and the family at Ted’s Hotdogs

Watched clips from Colbertnation.com and laughed a lot

Played Monopoly with David and my mom

Got my butt kicked

Sat sleepily but happily on the couch while David rubbed my head

Sunday, I:

Slept in late

Taylor Vogan’s mission farewell in Mesa

Pot Stickers and Stratego with David

Kicked David’s butt

Dinner and desert with the family

Taylor Vogan’s open house with Regan

Marveled over how pretty it is up in Las Sendas

Drove home

Online geology quiz

Bed

See what I mean? Busy, but quiet. Busy with board games and food with the people I love. Just the way I like it.

2 comments:

Sandy said...

"I really didn’t tell people as I grew older that I wanted to be a writer—you know, because they look at you with such looks of pity."

i found that quote and it reminded me of one of your old blog entries -- you know the one about how you don't like to tell people your major or what you want to do for a living?

here is a link to the interview it comes from: http://www.themorningnews.org/archives/birnbaum_v/elizabeth_strout.php

karajean said...

Thanks for the tip! I am going to read the whole thing right now... because class is boring anyway.