Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Don't Say "I Told You So"

Has it really been a week since I have written? No, it can’t be. Must be my imagination.

This week is completely free. Well, not completely. I still have classes to go to but besides that I have absolutely nothing to do. Last night the girls and I went to another Zumba (which I recently learned is pronounced ZOOM-BUH) class only to learn the instructor was out sick, so we had a substitute who taught us NIA (you are going to want to watch this, I promise) instead. ‘Twas amusing, to say the least. Regan and I spent a good portion of the class laughing at its absurdity but of course I woke up sore this morning so I’m not really allowed to mock it anymore.

It is starting to really hit me that I only have one weekend left in Tucson. ONE. When did that happen? I mean, I still have a few more weekends before summer vacation begins but I will be rolling into Gilbert for most of them. It sure seems like I have been spending all of my time in Gilbert recently, doesn’t it? If Regan is driving back to Mesa, however, there is no way I’m sticking it out here in Tucson all weekend by myself. I already have plans for my one weekend left in Tucson so I am sure the time will fly by, but it is absolutely mind blowing to think about. Things are winding down, ladies and gentlemen. I am almost finished with my first year of college. I never thought I would make it here, and yet here I stand. Less than 29 days. Yikes.

I wonder if I am going to miss this: the dorm room, eating on campus, all of it. My gut tells me I won’t, but I’m a strange girl. I never thought I would miss Gilbert so much, and look at me now. Who knows what loss I’ll be lamenting next semester; maybe I’ll miss the community bathroom after all. (But probably not.)

2 comments:

austin said...

but srsly, I did.

Regan said...

You will miss it, and so will I! (not the commiunity bathroom though!) It's crazy to think there are only a few days left...