Friday, March 27, 2009

Boston Birthdays, Saltine Crackers & Sweet, Sweet Sixteen

Happy Belated 19th Birthday Natalie Nichole Stump. I hope her birthday was all kinds of fabulous. I imagine her doing something uniquely Boston, and everything uniquely Boston in my mind is utterly fabulous. That’s right Natalie, I’m jealous of what must be your utterly fabulous Boston life. I really hope your day was marvelous, darling. It was a total disappointment to not be able to spend the day at school with Natalie on her birthday like always and to not be able to plan a “surprise” kidnapping with Krystal. My how times have changed.


I have spent the better part of the day lying in bed nibbling saltine crackers and sipping Gatorade. Yesterday morning I knew I was getting sick and by last night it was awful. This is the first time I have been sick since I have lived away from home and heavens knows I am being a baby about it. I miss having my mom here to take care of me. I guess I have to learn how to take care of myself someday, and age 19 seems like a respectable place to start; hence the best rest I have ordered and the Gatorade and saltines I bought by myself, thank you very much. I will get the hang of this “being-on-my-own-thing” eventually. I hope. Unfortunately my sudden illness prevented the last minute cramming I had intended to do for my Nutrition test this morning. Lesson learned the hard way for putting things off until the last minute. Somehow I doubt the lesson will stick, however.

Spring break seems like it was so long ago. My brilliant summer vacation countdown seems like it was put up on my wall ages ago, and we’re still at 47 days. For some reason 47 days feels a lot longer than 51 days did last Sunday. Here I am entrenched into school like that weeklong blissful break never even happened.

Look at that. Game time. Go WILDCATS!

No comments: