Monday, March 23, 2009

51 Days

…until summer vacation. The countdown goes up on my wall today. Regan remarked that 51 days sounds too long, and we should count by weeks, but 7.5 weeks sounds entirely too long for me; almost 2 months. 51 days I can handle. Or at least, I hope I can.

I am absolutely shocked I made it to my classes today. The orange blossoms outside my dorm have packed their bags and left town, taking all of my school related willpower with them. And yet somehow I was still able to manage to pull myself out of bed this morning for geology, and again this afternoon for Spanish. But attending class doesn’t mean much, really. It remains to be seen how heavy I sigh, how little I study, and how long I procrastinate for the rest of the semester.

I went “grocery” shopping at Highland Market this morning, meaning I bought a loaf of bread, mostly. My dwindling account balance indicates I will be eating a lot of peanut butter and jelly over the next 51 days. But I don’t mind. I’ve always had a soft spot for PB & J. If only I had thought to bring my heart shaped cookie cutter with me.

2 comments:

Sandy said...

hey that's my old bedspread!

karajean said...

And now it is a picnic blanket!