Thursday, November 26, 2009

Life Is Good Today

I love Thanksgiving because it is such a lazy day for me. I didn't help with any of the cooking, and I didn't help with any of the clean up. I drove and ate and talked and read Vanity Fair and slept. And that's about it. And I love the Friday after Thanksgiving because once the shopping is over, Lazy Day, Part II commences. Only this time I get to eat leftovers, which is infinitely better than the original Thanksgiving dinner.

I'm thankful for a lot of things this year. But I know you don't care to read them in the same way I don't care to write them all down. But right now I am feeling fat, happy, and drowsy, so I thought I'd acknowledge the day.

It was nice. And relaxing. And lazy.

Only one person was missing, but I'll see her soon enough.

And now it's time to call it a night.

P.S. It is officially the holidays. I can stop apologizing for listening to Christmas music, and I have started a tally for each time the movie Elf is on our TV. So far the count is two. {Two separate TVs at the same time.} Don't you just love this time of year?

No comments: