Thursday, November 19, 2009

Distracted.

I have been forgetting everything left and right these past few weeks.

It appears I am finally collapsing under the weight of the semester. Last Saturday I showed up to work 50 minutes late because, well, I "misremembered" the schedule. The week before that I showed up with the wrong shoes on because I forgot to change. Late Sunday night I remembered that I had a Geology exam the following morning. I also remembered that I had two online Geology quizzes due the Friday before {which needless to say were never completed.} Yesterday in SPE I sat down in class and only remembered we had homework due as the professor was instructing us to turn it in.

But for some reason, none of these things are getting me down.

It is hard to stress about life when I get to stay up until 4 in the morning watching a meteors rain through a gorgeous sky with new and old friends. Or when I get to drive out to Tempe to spend the night with the girls in Rosewood, laughing uncontrollably as it continues to get later and I continue to leave my homework untouched in my school bag.

I'm having trouble worrying about my grades when past experience has taught me they are going to be fine.

It seems pointless to let myself be unhappy when Thanksgiving is next week.

It is silly to dwell on the past when I am excited about the future.

Hopefully I will figure out a new system for next semester. But if not, this one is working pretty ok, too.

2 comments:

Cassie said...

I really love this post, but not as much as I love hanging out with you. :)

Sandy said...

two things:
1) it sounds like you're finally experiencing the good parts of college; and
2) you should still get a planner next year. although i think i remember watching you buy one, so maybe you just need to start using it.