Saturday, June 20, 2009

It's Been Such A Long Time

Today, after many long, penniless days of waiting was my first day of training at Red Robin. It was lengthy, and now I am exhausted. I could just lie in bed for the rest of the night and watch a movie or read a book. On the other hand, I could also go out and have some active fun because I spent the entire day working and I feel slightly like I should go out and do something. I’ll probably resort to the former, as I have no one to do the latter with me. Summer has been amazing and I cannot quite wrap my brain around the fact that I have already been home for well over one month. In some ways it is turning out exactly like I thought it would and in other ways it is not. I am reserving judgment as to whether that is a good or bad thing for the time being.

A couple of weeks ago Regan invited me to the lake with some friends of hers and it honestly felt like an answer to a prayer. I have been jonesing to go out for months and I wasn’t sure the opportunity would even arise this summer. Enter Regan. Hallelujah. I always knew there was a reason I was friends with her! It was a ridiculous amount of fun, sun, and tubing. 3 of my favorite things. I simply cannot wait to go back.

I am kind of out of blogging mode, to tell you the truth. I am only writing this because I have nothing better to do. I know I should do more, if only to force myself to write more, but for some reason it is harder in the summer even though I have much less to do. Maybe when the restaurant opens and my schedule picks up I will be more motivated to act like a productive human being and less like someone on an extended 3 month vacation from the world. But then again, maybe not.

No comments: