Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Returning to the Nest: Pros & Cons

Con: I never do my homework.

Pro: My mom is here to help me make homework related phone calls when I wait until the last minute and begin to panic.

***

Con: When I come home from school and announce “I think failed my geology test today!” The response I receive from my mom is “Oh no! You should have studied!” and from my dad, “I never failed anything in college.” When I would come home to Regan and relate my failure, she would say something akin to “Awh, I’m sorry. School sucks.” OR “Yeah, me to.”

Pro: I have someone to talk to about my day, as opposed to when I lived with Roommate Number 1, who lived in head phones and old movies.

***

Con: When I spill Plum Pudding nail polish all over our family room carpet and then hear my dad pull into the garage 30 seconds later, I feel like an 8-year-old with my hand caught in the cookie jar.

Pro: My parents have DVR so I can record Top Model while I scrub the carpet.

***

Con: Occasionally I grow very hungry waiting for food to be placed in front of me, rather than getting up and making food ( i.e. opening a box of Cheez-Its) for myself.

Pro: When my mom realizes we are all hungry, we get Jack-In-The Box milkshakes and Jr. Bacon Cheeseburgers as a remedy.

***

Con: My family goes to bed ridiculously early, leaving me to wander the house by myself past 10:30 pm.

***

Pro: Getting to explain to my dad the differences between MySpace and Facebook when he says “Everyone’s facing out these days” and then intently asks “So is MySpace pretty much dead in the water?”

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ROFL!

Geology sounds fun though, I love rocks.

Sandy said...

haha. i miss dad's commentary on things. i make up for it my watching the infamous "nips" video on a weekly basis. i should also not refer to it as the nips video because that is awkward. let's call it the "oh no you di'int" video.