Thursday, September 10, 2009

For Your Viewing (and Lisening!) Pleasure

When my big sis was still in high school she, um, rather liked the band Everclear. ha. I can remember their music blasting from her cd player pretty much nonstop for a year or two, (sorry if this embarrasses you) the Everclear Christmas ornament, and the mix she burned my mom of some of their greatest songs. To be fair to big sis, my mom probably asked for the cd, as she listened to it often, even after Sandy's fascination died down. Anyway, the point of this is the fact that during this period I also grew quite fond of a handful of their songs (mostly the ones on my mom's cd) and for a good few years considered myself "cool" for being one of the only people I knew who listened to them. ha. again. And I absolutely fell in love with "Learning How To Smile" for a time. I still listen to the song occasionally (alright, and a smattering of others) but the problem is my copy of the song is noticeably scratched. Tonight I found myself wanting to listen to the entire, untarnished copy, so I turned to youtube.

And I found something amazing. Something I just had to share.

Now, for those of you who have never heard this song (boo) and have 8 free minutes on your hands, I suggest you listen to it twice: first with your eyes closed, as to appreciated the awesomeness that it is, and then again with your eyes open to appreciate the hilarity (too strong?) of the video.

For those of you (cough: Sandy: cough) who have already enjoyed this song, skip straight to the eyes open portion of tonight's program.

You're welcome.



P.S. There are so many good moments, but I think my favorite is a tie between 2:20 & 3:20.

No comments: