Saturday, September 19, 2009

It’s Good for the Soul When There’s Not a Soul in Sight


What I wanted to do tonight, was go to the ASU football game. What I did instead, was go to work at Red Robin. It was probably a blessing in a thinly veiled disguise that no one took my shift however because I am so strapped for cash it’s shocking. Really. It turns out my Conan needs two new front tires, and apparently those things don’t come cheap. Even the “cheap” ones. *Sigh* It's a nice little welcome to the wonderful world of car ownership. It's not so bad my night turned out low-key, however, because what I planned for last night was homework and cleaning. What I did instead, was spend a couple of hours at coffee rush drinking a “deadly” Italian soda and talking about life. Low-key, sure, but still more interesting than I had originally planned. And now what I plan for tomorrow is everything I did not do last night. Hopefully. But it still remains to be seen if my homework will ever get done or my room will ever be clean again. Most of me is thinking it won’t happen, but I guess I could always surprise myself.

Not a bad weekend, all things considered. Not that I even know what “things” I am talking about, it just felt like the right thing to say. So I’ll stand by it.

No comments: